Friday, August 25, 2006

Rest of week 3 - Aug 23rd, Aug 26th

Having done the long run for the previous week on Monday of this week, i took a day off from the gym on Tuesday.

I did my strength training/cross training workout on Wednesday, Aug 23rd. I first did a 35 minute session on the elliptical machine (elliptical machines feel great for a non-impact lower body workout and some of them also exercise the arms) with an average of a 5 to 10 level for the resistance. After that i did my usual 8 minute session for the upper body (abs, triceps, biceps) on the gravitron machine followed by some reps for the quads and hamstring muscle groups on the leg extension and the leg press machines.

This week's long run was shorter, 6 miles, and i did it on Saturday, Aug 26th on the treadmill in apprx 60 minutes. I did the first 3 miles at a slower pace (~ 11 min/mile) and picked up in the last 3 miles (~ 9 min/mile).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home