Tuesday, August 08, 2006

SF half marathon --- July 30th

I finished the SF half marathon on July 30th 2006 in 2:17. Minal, Miku, Chaitrali also did the 5K as part of their progressive marathon.

I started off slowly at around 10:30/mile pace and later caught up to an average 10 min/mile pace by mile 8. The race was supposed to be fast and flat so it was not a good feeling to see the looming hills especially inside Golden Gate Park. But then what was i thinking, San Francisco and flat, thats never the case :-). I raced the couple of downhills i got but still had too much catch up to do to meet the target 9 min/mile pace. At mile 9.5 or so i realized that i could not keep up a faster pace without risking injury so i applied the brakes and eased through the last 3.6 miles.

Personally, I was disappointed with my timing, had done a 2:03 on a much tougher course. Anyways, the good thing is i can only get better :-). Next race, San Jose Rock n Roll Half marathon on October 8th.

Minal enjoyed her 5K race and finished in 45 minutes. Both of us were proud recipients of the half marathon and progressive marathon medals :-).

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Pradnya said...

Congrats on your third(?) half marathon. Congrats to Minal, Miku and Chaitrali on their progressive marathon medal as well.

It is great to see that you have started blogging. Please do blog about your personal experiences and strategies while running a marathon. Any words of wisdom would be of great help to newbie-marathon-trainees like me.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Rohit Sonak said...

Thanks pradnya! Yes it was my 3rd half. I will definitely write and share my personal experiences and strategies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home