Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cross Training/Strength Training -- August 7th

After reading some articles online, i feel i needed to add some strength training to my schedule in addition to doing more speedwork. Minal and I hit the gym Monday evening.

After stretching, I started off doing 2 sets of 12 reps each for my quad and hamstring muscles. I wanted to localize each muscle group so worked on two separate machines (deliberately avoiding the leg press which would have worked both muscles simultaneously). Then i decided to use my favorite gravitron machine to do 2 sets of 8-12 reps each for the triceps and biceps muscles (dip and parallel bar pull ups)

Next i jumped into the swimming pool and did 32 laps (total ~ 800 metres) breast stroke. I felt great after the swim, the water does have a calming effect. I was satisfied with my first cross training/strength training workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home