Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My second Yasso 800 --- August 15th

After taking a couple of days off from any exercise, i went to the gym on Tuesday to do my second Yasso-800 session on the treadmill. IMO, treadmills are just perfect for speed workouts since you have complete control on time and speed. After stretching and a warm jog for 7 minutes or so, i started with my first repeat. I ended up doing 5 repeats at 7.5 mph (4 minutes per 800 metres) with the recovery jogs of 4 minutes at 5.5 mph, walked during the final cooldown. I was happy with the workout and had increased the number of repeats from 3.5 to 5 this week, maybe the extra day of rest before the speed workout helped but i did also feel that last week's workout helped me log a greater number of repeats this week.

Quite a tiring workout overall of ~ 4.75 miles in 45 minutes. I feel that if i stick to this workout plan religiously, i will surely increase my VO2 max :-). Just for the kicks, a link to some technicalities of VO2 max: http://home.hia.no/~stephens/vo2max.htm

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Pradnya said...

Way to go Rohit. I had not heard about the Yasso workout before you mentioned it here. We happened to do that in yesterday's track session, and I liked the workout a lot. We did 5 repeats, and a 400m recovery jog, rather than a timed recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home